One of the unexpected outcomes of President Barack Obama’s election victory, which was reasonably predictable, is that conservative media is in turmoil.
That level of divergence could imperil the effectiveness of conservative opinion during the next series of critical news cycles when media will influence public opinion and the shape of policies addressing the fiscal cliff.
CONSERVATIVE MEDIA DIVIDED
POLTICO.COM in a post by Dylan Byers surveys the divergent views of conservatives on how right leaning media cost the GOP the Presidential Election. READ MORE: “Media fight on the right over GOP,” LINK: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1112/83679.html
Whatever conservative media did or failed to do, Mike Huckabee has delivered the salient message conservatives need to dwell on going forward:
“Our problem isn’t the product, it’s the box we put it in. Our message should not be ‘tailored’ to a specific demographic group, but presented to empower the individual American, whatever the color, gender or ethnicity.”
Does conservative media have the will to lean forward?
Will conservative media adopt Mike Huckabee’s admonition, and seek to empower the individual American, whatever the color, gender or ethnicity?
RELATED ARTICLES AROUND THE WEB
- Right-Wing Media ‘Lied’ During Campaign (theroot.com)
- John Ziegler: Why the Conservative Media Got It So Wrong (huffingtonpost.com)
- MSNBC’s Up With Chris Hayes Highlights Conservative Media Attacks On Obama Voters Following The Election (mediamatters.org)
- Conservative Media Reveal Their Contempt For Americans Who Reelected Obama (smd12364.newsvine.com)
- View: Conservative Media’s Epic Fail (drudge.com)
- Life Outside The Bubble (mediamatters.org)
- Blaming Conservative Media (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Are Conservative Media Only Hurting Conservatives? (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Conservative Media Blew It (newser.com)
- How Conservative Media Failed Conservatives (politicalwire.com)