MJB will initiate conversations about issues and current events focused on politics but also covering the related areas of policy and public affairs as expressed through the various new media platforms.
From time to time, MJB also may offer content on other topics.
M. Jan is the managing editor of MJB.
MJB receives content from a politically diverse group of contributors who have varied expereinces in politics, media, communications, public relations, media, consulting, lobbying, government affairs, policy, advocacy and technology, and who enjoy blogging, but prefer to remain anonymous with respect to their contributions to this Blog. Many of of contributors write on other Blogs or in other media.
MESSAGE FROM M. JAN
I have a college degree and a graduate school education. I have worked in the public and private arenas.
My motivation to blog comes from the general interest I have in what I will describe as the 3-P’s: politics, policy and public affairs; the more direct experiences I had working in several political campaigns; the dramatic and historic 2008 Presidential election; the emerging strategies for the use of new media in political communications; and, the recent growth in mainstream media and new media coverage of politics, policy and public affairs
After reading, watching and listening to the myriad of reporters, talk hosts, opinion writers, commentators, analysts, authors, bloggers, guests, bloggers, contributors, as well as candidates for elective office, appointed government officials and others, I simply decided that if for whatever reasons they had something to say on matters of public concern, so did I as well as a number of people I have collaborated with over the years from all political persuasions.
The focus of our blogging, of course, will concern one or more of the 3-P’s; but, on occasion we may veer of course and blog on other topics.
Perhaps because of my lecturing and speaking experiences, interactions with other bloggers and our dialogue and conversations on issues and current events interest me more than any particular affiliation, ideology, viewpoint or philosophy. These days, good dialogue and intelligent conversations are had every day and every hour of the day on a range of issues by people of all background with various experiences. That is the framework which guides my managment of the Blog, and the content contributed to this Blog.
Please feel free to comment on the posts and reply to comments.
If you think the content is good, say so; or, if you disagree say so.
That’s what is stimulating.
That’s what MJB is all about.
It’s a forum open to anyone and everyone.
Every effort will be made to respond to every comment and reply.
You also should feel free to quote from the posts and comments you read on MLB, and link us to your Blog.
Whatever you do, please don’t try to “read” some sly mission, goal or political agenda into our writings.
Take this to the bank: for all of us, writing the content is just an intellectual exercise, no more and no less.
We want to stimulate thinking, dialogue and conversations.
For us, the longer the tail, the better.
Thank you for taking the time to read about the Blog.
Visit MJB often; enjoy or be riled by the content; but, whatever you do, please leave your comments and replies.
Let’s get back to blogging!
Related Web Articles + Links via ZEMANTA
- Book Review: No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Margaret Mason (blogcritics.org)
- 5 good reasons to leave comments on blogs… (showard76.wordpress.com)
- NaBloPoMo Day 1 for 11/1/11: What is your favourite part about writing? (thenowandthenotyet.blogspot.com)
- Your Personality and Writer’s Voice (onecoolsitebloggingtips.com)
- Did Bingle bungle blog on Pickles? (stuartbruce.biz)
- What does best in class public affairs look like? (publicaffairs2point0.eu)
- When rhetoric goes too far (steveprestegard.com)
- Mjb Set to Release “My Life Ii” Album. (prettyandgritty.wordpress.com)
- The official blog of MJB Initiatives (mjbinitiatives.com)
- [Celebrity Sightings] Beyonce shops Paris + MJB + Monica Wedding Arrivals and More! (iamdomo.com)
- Reblog: MJB Covers Paper Magazine, Talks About Nina Simone Role (hot937.radio.com)