As with the ill fated Picket’s Charge at the Battle of Gettysberg, Rush Limbaugh‘s Charge in the GOP‘s media assault on women is a suicidal attack doomed to fail with massive casualties in the ranks of conservative media men.
Limbaugh and the other white media males of his ilk just can’t stand it anymore.
Women are on the rise in business, in political power and in all aspects of media.
As time has gone by, what was regarded as the hollowed preserve of media dominated by him and other white men has diminished. And, before they even realize what has happened to what they have heretofore arrogantly regarded as their turf, that hollowed ground will be occupied fully by women.
So Rush, charge ahead as you will.
But, just like Major General George Pickett at Gettysburg, your efforts to attack and impede the progress of women will fail, and will go down in media history as “Lost Cause” II.
Around the Web
- Goldie Taylor On Limbaugh Advertisers: Could CNN Afford To Lose 140 Advertisers? No (mediaite.com)
- Miggs Burroughs’ “Rush” To Judgment (06880danwoog.com)
- Limbaugh and One-Way Wantonness – NYTimes.com (2worlds1eye.com)
- Why We Can’t Beat Rush Limbaugh by Boycotting His Advertisers (agreetodisagree.me)
- The GOP Isn’t Going to Repudiate Rush Limbaugh (littlegreenfootballs.com)
- Diamonds And Dinners: Limbaugh’s Recipie For Not Being Anti-Woman (lezgetreal.com)
- After Social-Media Backlash, Rush Limbaugh Starts Tweeting (newsfeed.time.com)
- Media Insider: Limbaugh is ‘Out of Touch’, ‘Canary in a Coal Mine’ for ‘Attack’ Radio (bradblog.com)
- George Will: Republican Leaders Afraid of Rush Limbaugh (themoderatevoice.com)
- the Progress Report – Romney, Limbaugh and Contraceptives (ynative77.wordpress.com)